Friday, May 13, 2005

The Computer Age

I was just noticing during that last entry that there are keyboard shortcuts and Ctrl S = Publish.

Which means that Ctrl S = Trouble for Dixie.

I'm a fast typer and have written my fair share of papers, and usually after every sentence I inadvertantly hit Ctrl S to save my work. I guess I will have to learn Ctrl D for "Draft" saving...

As an aside, the first year we were married I was carrying a bunch of things in my hands to the office in our apartment in Regina. I slipped or something and everything that was in my hands fell on the ground. The first thing that came into my head was "Hit Ctrl Z! Hit Ctrl Z!" (which is "undo" in Microsoft Word). Bizarre that that's the first thing that came into my head. And I was actually annoyed that there wasn't a "Ctrl Z" button that I could press. Wouldn't it be nice sometimes?

3 Comments:

At 12:34 AM, Blogger becky said...

Oh, and hey! I just saw your header, you nut. :)

Don't worry, I loves me some keyboard shortcuts. I've already got some Firefox and Gmail ones memorized -- which is sad, because I should be working more on word processors (ie., writing my thesis) than playing on the Internet -- but you know how that is.

 
At 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry that Ctrl ZZZ hit me before
I figured out how to comment. Will be fun reading..have fun
writing.

 
At 11:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Followed from the link you left me in my comments, Dixie. Love the little anecdote here!

The next dot com billionnaire will be the one who invents the UNDO button for real life.

Oh, to dream of that possibility!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home