Saturday, May 14, 2005

My 2 year old...

Madeline has been upstairs in her room "going to sleep" for 1.5 hours now. Luckily she never gets out of her bed until she knows naptime is done. However, for the past 25 minutes she's been whining and crying, and we've just let her cry.

For the past 10 minutes I've been organizing the laundry and the words "I'll give you something to cry about" have been repeating in my head... Not that I thought I'd never say those words, but I've just never been more tempted to say them than now.

I'm reminded of the immortal words of
Roseanne Barr: "Now I know why some animals eat their young."

2 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She'll figure out how to fall asleep eventually.

Better yet, maybe she's growing out of afternoon naps. Stranger things have happened.

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Dixie Vandersluys said...

She is sick, though. Getting some more 2 year molars. Yesterday she slept for 4 hours!! Maybe this is compensation for that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home