Friday, June 03, 2005

Link between McLaren and Osbourne?

A few weeks back I thought I would do a post on "Why Brian McLaren is full of sh*t". I finished A New Kind of Christian a few weeks back and am 15 pages shy of finishing A Generous Orthodoxy. However, through the course of reading Orthodoxy this book has almost been pooped on and vomitted on. Now, some people would see this as an appropriate response to McLaren's writing, but since it was my 2.5 month old I thought nothing of it. However, one night we heard something fall in our bedroom. We thought nothing of it, but in the morning I noticed that A Generous Orthodoxy had somehow fallen into the garbage can by my bedside table.

Now I've heard of people burning all of their "secular" cds once they become Christians, and I've heard that Ozzy Osbourne cds or tapes will not burn, or that everything else will burn but his face or something. But the opposite seems to be happening with Brian McLaren. Is this an indicator of the future of the Emergent Church? Who knows what will happen during these last 15 pages?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home