Thursday, June 09, 2005

New party game

Marc and I tend to get giddy and talkative on the nights that we end up going to bed too late and need to get a good night's sleep for whatever we have on the next day. First you should know that one of my hobbies (one of my "bits" really, but I'm not a stand-up comedian) is to make up funny name combinations for people... like Randall and Lauralea, I hope one of your daughters marries a guy who's last name is Mabunssoff.

So, on one of those late, giddy nights when we should have been sleeping, we (well, I thought it up, and then we did it together) created the Frankly family.

This is how it works. Give it a try sometime for fun, or during one of those really awkward pauses in a conversation with someone you hardly know, or like I said, as a party game.

It started off by me imagining that "Quite Frankly" was a person's name. Then we began to imagine the members of his family.

Quit Frankly - the brother that always gives up on everything
Quip Frankly - the one who gives all the one-liners
Quick Frankly - the fast Frankly

Quiet Frankly
- obvious, the quiet one in the family
Quark Frankly - the science guy
Quack Frankly - he's crazy
etc, etc, etc with most one-syllable (and some two syllable) "q" words.

Then you can extend it to "c" and "k" words if you get really giddy, you know like Crap Frankly, etc. Half of the fun is thinking of really witty descriptions of the family members too, which I haven't really bothered to do (I'm a bit too busy these days, as the lack of posts has indicated).

So give it a whirl. And if you think of some really good ones, post them under comments!!

Looking forward to meeting all of your Franklies, quite frankly.

6 Comments:

At 10:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quid Frankly - he's the rich one.
Qualm Frankly - he's squeamish.
Quant Frankly - he has a thing for hot pants (look it up... I swear it's true!)

okay, that's all for now.

 
At 11:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I seem to recall Dixie and I playing this game with you, Collette. Am I wrong?

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Lauralea said...

Quaint Frankly- the sweet spinster aunt who wears black satin and lace
Quell Frankly- the family kill-joy
Quaff Frankly- the family lush
Quill Frankly- the poet

 
At 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was thinking about this all night and could only come up with
Queer Frankly - the one with the alternative lifestyle!

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Spin Original said...

I should have left my blog name...

 
At 4:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marc...I don't think I've ever played this game before, not that I remember anyway.

now, my friend Kitty and I used to play a silly game. we called it "who'd you rather". you had to group two people together that seemed to have some sort of connection. like, Sandie Rinaldo and Lloyd Robertson. the people don't have to be famous either, just known. the other person would have to pick who they prefer. we usually played it at The Owl, and a typical game would go on all night in between conversations with whoever popped by. we developed this game completely without talking about it. one day Kitty said something like "who'd you rather, Roy Romanow or Grant Divine", and I replied "Roy Romanow". and she'd reply "Roy Romanow or Jean Chretien". and I'd say "Jean Chretien". and she'd say "Jean Chretien or Paul Martin". after a while we'd get stuck and have to start a new thread, but it was endlessly enjoyable. and sometimes you got stuck with two people so totally dispicable or whatever and you'd be forced to pick. it was fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home