Monday, June 06, 2005

Read the fine print

This morning my aunt from Victoria came over. Now, she has the most amazing yard and is an incredible gardener, so I took her around the yard hoping to get some help with a few spots in the garden that I didn't know what to do with. I showed her what plants I had left over and she told me where they'd work best.

I showed her a cell pack of 4 larkspur, and asked if those would work in a particular spot. She said, "larkspur... those are beautiful, and they get nice and tall." I said, "but these ones only go to 3 to 5 inches, see I put them in the border over here." She said, "No, no, that's 3 to 5 feet!" Amazing how one extra line next to a 5 can make such a big difference.

I will be replanting that larkspur. Can you imagine a 5 foot plant standing boldly at the front of the garden in the middle of a bunch of 8 to 10 inch plants?! Good thing you came over Auntie Marion!

1 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Blogger Love Mom said...

I would imagine it would look something like my garden usually does. Good thing your aunt was there...wanna send her over this way next time she's in town... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home