Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Mama... can I play with my toys?

I've always been pleased with Madeline's personality. She's not one of those kids that you have to worry about taking off on you when you're in public, she's pretty calm, plays quietly (even lays on the couch for sometimes a half an hour listening to music), cautious about things that it's good to be cautious about. But I've been learning lately that there's no way to have the perfect balance of cautiousness and independence, outgoing and quiet, etc. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I don't have a crazy, wild child, but I do get tired of the incessant questions and the excessive neediness. I'm glad she doesn't just run onto the street or somewhere else without asking, but I think she goes a bit too far when she'll ask "mama.. can I play with my toys?"

Stay tuned for more of Madeline neuroses and the neuroses of the person she inherited them from (me).

2 Comments:

At 4:03 PM, Blogger Lauralea said...

Stay cool.
We're also trying to keep our cool in the heat. It's perfect cabin at the lake weather... unfortunately we don't have one, or know anyone who does! Our basement is staying tolerable, but we're avoiding the kitchen.
I keep checking on you! Keep the faith. Autumn is coming!

 
At 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

laura, are you insane? (jj) Who wants to think about autumn when the flowers are blooming, the world is full of green and its actually hot enough to plunk yourself down in water outside!! AHHH the world is so ALIVE right now we should all be worshipping the earth in all its bounty!!! not wishing away its life with autumn's slow death! Autumn is sad!~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home