Friday, June 10, 2005

Odd/Inappropriate Childhood Memories #4

Moral of the day: Cheaters never prosper, but readers often do.

In grade 3 I was in Mrs. Mossman's science class. Once we were finished our tests she told us we could read quietly and if we happened to remember any answers we couldn't remember during the test we could ask for the test back and put in our answer. Well... honestly, are you thinking what I was thinking at the age of 8? Ya, that's right. I read the textbook!! Any answers I forgot were quickly "remembered" upon that reading. Brilliant, no? Dishonest, yes? Cheating? Well, not technically...

And this leads me into grade 4 and Mr. Wendland's health class. Back in those days (I'm not sure if it's the same now... I doubt it), you had to have parental written permission in grades 4 through 6 to take Sex Ed. If you were not allowed to take the class, you were supposed to go to the libary and study and work on a little report instead. Once I found this out I went home and told my mom to "not allow" me to participate in the class. Why would I want to sit in a class when I could be doing my own thing in the library. And I was the only one in the class who figured that out!! I remember vividly sitting in the resource room off the library and "working" on my report on apartheid in South Africa. To let you know how much work I did and was required of me... I handed the report in in grade 5.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home