Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Me and My Books

So I got tagged a very long time ago by Becky. But we went on vacation right after that, and I insisted that I include in my book count my books that are still at my parents house to outdo Marc's number. So here's all you need to know about me and my books:

Number of books I own:
Marc and I collectively own about 800 books, 400 of which are mine.

Last book I bought:
What to Expect: The Toddler Years

Last book I Read:
The Story We Find Ourselves In -- Brian D. McLaren

5 books that mean a lot to me:

Phenomenology of Spirit -- G.W.F. Hegel
The best philosophy book ever (okay, and the hardest one to read, too) bar none.
Mere Christianity -- C.S. Lewis
One of the first "apologetic"-type books I read in high school, which unknowingly started my love of philosophy in university.
Freedom of Simplicity -- Richard Foster
A book that helps me get some perspective on life, when one minute I want to be a missionary and sell everything and the next I'm going crazy spending money at Walmart.
A Reasonable Life -- Ference Mate
A great book that I wish I would have read a LONG time ago (it would have saved a lot of fights with you, Darren & Mel :)!! ).
Heaven is Not My Home -- Paul Marshall
Amazing book that turned my whole view of life upside down.

Tag 5 more:
Well, since everyone I read has been tagged, I want to tag some of my readers. Write your answers as a comment here. So I choose to tag:
1) Carl
2) PJ
3) Ang
4) Mel
5) Raven

4 Comments:

At 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here goes:
Number of books: hmm probably about 150(ish).
Last book I bought: Herbs and spices (very descriptive)
Last book I read:
some fantasy novel - I've read so many I lose track of titles and am finding it hardpressed to find one I haven't read at the library! Great escapism!!
5 books that mean a lot to me:
1)Herbs - has explanations as to what uses the herbs can be put to.
2) set of five binders on plants - extremely useful and practical for keeping plants healthy and what not.
3)Plants of the Borreal Forest - great field book!
4) Rock Hunter's Guide - great field book, great rock descriptions.
5)Sask. Forestry - forest undergrowth guide - great cross-reference with Plants of boreal Forest

I'm boring.

 
At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm curious to know how
"A Reasonable Life" would have saved us arguments?

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Dixie Vandersluys said...

B/c it made me more conscious of the environment and of most other things you and Mel have harped (in a good way) on me in the past.

 
At 10:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd be much more comfortable doing this with music...

Number of books: 100ish (I've slowed down a lot the last few years.)

Last book I bought: Dress Your Family in Courduroy and Denim by David Sedaris

Last book I read: The Partly Cloudy Patriot by Sarah Vowell

5 books that mean something to me:

1. Less than Zero by Brett Easton Ellis
2. Rules of Attraction by Brett Easton Ellis
3. Perfect Sound Forever by Rob Jovanovic
4. Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk
5. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

 

Post a Comment

<< Home