Thursday, October 06, 2005

"100 Posts": Let's celebrate and have some fun!

The following is a post created by taking sentence #1 from post #1, sentence #2 from post #2, and so on and so forth (Unless the post doesn't have enough sentences, then I'll just take the last sentence and continue on with sentence 9 from post 9 as before). Maybe it'll be funny, I don't know.

Well, of all my dumb luck, Blogger was down this morning when I attempted rather naively to do my first blog post ever. Which means that Ctrl S = Trouble for Dixie. However, for the past 25 minutes she's been whining and crying, and we've just let her cry. I chose that phrase because whenever I have philosophical discussions, I usually end up saying "well, it really is a fine balance", or "we just need to find that balance...". Two nights ago I had a bizarre dream in which I and some unknown person were both (male) priests and bridesmaids at a wedding between Danny Devito, Diane Keaton and some other unknown person from PA, at which there were no rings, but rather large chewable vitamins were exchanged and eaten(!!). Often before bed at night I will say, "Marc stop and think for a sec... think what's going on in the world right now. But then I think, if they brought it, they must like it, so maybe they're glad to keep it for themselves. They're usually close to a centimetre longer than the other hairs, but why don't we notice them before they hit that centimetre mark? But was the breast exam really necessary? But today I did it. In it I basically looked at whether or not we can "know" an historical event better by being an eye-witness or by being removed from the event -- either in hearing an account from an eye-witness we know or even further, by studying it in history. I wonder how long it will be before I grow up...? Does this make sense to anyone? It's how people lived in our day. I don't actually know if this even helped me find the mistake, but it did prove that I was quite the conscientious little 8 year old, with way too much time on my hands. To which granny quickly pushed me off and said "Dixie, you shouldn't kiss like that... I wonder if my mom remembers it that way?!

Well, that takes me up to about post 16. And since a lot of my posts are failing to be more than 16 sentences long, I will stop at that. Interesting. Try it for yourself.

The first time I ever played with a laptop was hanging out with friends one Thanksgiving, I believe. We were all sitting around and watching football. I love to type, so I spent the entire evening (seriously, hours... the whole time) typing our conversations out, but ending sentences a little too soon or starting the next person's phrase at just the right time so that it our conversation become completely skewed and inappropriate. Quite a bit of fun. And apparently a good party game, as it got a lot of laughs when I'd read it back to everybody. (Actually, I think we still may have the conversation saved somewhere.) That's one you really gotta try.

And beware if I ever come over to your house with my laptop...

4 Comments:

At 10:26 PM, Blogger polarpegs said...

Okay now I just really want to read the post about the dream with Danny Devito and Diane Keaton.
Another laptop game is to double laptop. Try sitting next to your friend, sister or significant other, both with laptops and emailing back and forth perhaps blogging together, it really is a bit of a surrealistic experience.

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger Dixie Vandersluys said...

Ya, that Danny Devito dream post was really funny. Go to May 2005 in the archives, and the post is entitled "Happy Birthday, Dory. Glad you're not a crack addict". I have strange dreams, and I wasn't even pregnant then!

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger polarpegs said...

Hey checked out that post, the good thing is my husband is now sure that I am not the strangest dream keeper on the planet, thanks to you... (Side note- I think I even remember your brother from school but I think I remember Dean more)

 
At 8:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary (of sorts) Dixie.

May your next hunnerd posts be just as good or better. Not that I'd know, I've only been keepin' up since we 'met', but, you know...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home