Thursday, October 06, 2005

Unheard of...

It's 11:42 pm. and there is construction going on right outside my house. And what's even more astonishing is that it's either by the City or a crown corporation (SaskTel). Something must be real important. Because, let's face it, I think those guys worked about 5 hours a day when they were repairing the bridge this summer and last, and always at the height of traffic. No way you'd catch those guys working at night (heaven forbid!) when there's no traffic! I wonder what's going on. Although, I must say, I did almost take a picture of the 5 guys and 1 girl who spent all day a few days back digging a hole where the construction is going on right now. Two guys to dig, two guys to watch, and the girl for moral support, I guess. It was so funny. Your stereotypical workmen. Although, I'm sure they were wanting to take a picture of me, in my pyjamas at 4pm. Typical housewife.

4 Comments:

At 8:35 PM, Blogger Mr. C.C. said...

Have Marc make all the money. Good on ya Dixie. But seriously, don't you have stuff to do during the day??? I am sure you could find something else to do besides watching soaps and Oprah. Maybe you don't do that. But that's the stereotypical housewife thing to do.

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Dixie Vandersluys said...

Aaah, Mr. C.C.... You're gonna a get an earful! Remember, staying in pyjamas does NOT equal, laying on bed or on the couch watching TV all day! I watch about 20 minutes of tv during the day, and that's when I'm nursing Luke in the afternoon. The rest of the day I hardly sit down b/c I'm doing dishes, laundry, cooking, organizing everything, teaching 4 music lessons/week, playing with the kids, cleaning up with and after the kids, nursing a baby, changing diapers, doing home renos and other misc. household things. I actually get frustrated b/c there isn't enough time in the day do everything that I want to get done! Plus, when I'm not on maternity leave, I work part time for my dad from home. So you're right, mostly Oprah and soaps for me.

Let's not equate what we wear with what we do!

(Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest. I hate being misunderstood. No hard feelings... kay?)

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger polarpegs said...

Good on ya Dixie, Although I would hope Mr. C.C. is only joking, as a stay at home mom I know that sometimes we stay in our pajamas all day because between feeding cleaning, playing with kids, getting dressed before 4 pm seems like a waste of time when there are more important things to do. And it doesnt end at 5 pm. We work all day long every day even stats. In between the soaps and the bonbons on the couch

 
At 1:12 AM, Blogger Mr. C.C. said...

I did say "maybe you don't do that." Or did you happen to skip over that???

*Tear*

Nah, I kid!!! I was probably over generalistic towards the whole situation. But I did also say "that's the stereotypical housewife thing to do." I thought I covered myself pretty well. I didn't mean to say you watched TV. I was generally speaking. But like I said, I probably over generalized the whole situation. I may not have kids of my own, but it's not like I don't know what it's like not to be a parent, in some sense of the word. I do have a neice and nephew who were infants at one time or another. So I do know what changing diapers is all about. But I digress any parent would have a better inclination about that stuff more so then a uncle or aunt who don't have kids.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home