Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Just a little Wednesday afternoon blackmail...

Ran across a 4 year old email from my mom just now.
Love you, Marc! (Sorry, but I had to.)
























I suppose some explanation is due...

This picture was taken of Marc in the outfit that he wore for a video we did for my grandparent's 60th wedding anniversary. They got a letter and certificate from the Queen, so Marc dressed up in that, with a wig, glasses and make-up, and pretended that my dad's law office was his (well, really her) office and gave a big greeting to them with an English accent. With some funny bits thrown in (as if that outfit isn't funny enough in itself). S/he went through her daily schedule at the end of it which included something like: tea, sign stuff, more tea, wave, sign more stuff, serious talk with Charles, just a smidgen more tea, etc. Marc was a great sport. And this picture proves it, as it was taken way after the anniversary back at our apartment in Regina. My mom never did get a still picture of him as the Queen, so she took it then. As you can see, the Queen without make-up is not very becoming!

Oh ya, and when we went to the Salvation Army to buy his get-up, Marc was quite convinced that he could fit into a size 8 dress. He wouldn't try them on at first and said, "let's just get that size 8, I'm sure it will fit." In the end I got him to try them on, and I think we came home with a size 20 at least!!

12 Comments:

At 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's hot!

 
At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the hell?!

 
At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, blackmail doesn't work if you've already shown the picture!!

Whatever it was you were blackmailing me about (I'm unclear on that point), you can forget it.

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Dixie Vandersluys said...

Carl... she's taken!!

 
At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The years have been good to her..him.
Improved with age!!
Thanks for the memory!

aMOMymous

 
At 4:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hilarious!

 
At 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"That's your grandma, grandma.
No, that's my dad !!!"

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Linea said...

Dixie - Do you know how to pick them or what!

 
At 10:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe that's his calling in life, to be a queenish cross-dressing male secretary!

He looks good, but then I'm ok with a woman having a bit of hair on her face...

...not that there's anything wrong with that.

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger Love Mom said...

Wow, Dixie, I am so incredibly jealous of you...your husband...er, wife, er...I don't know...I am so confused!!!...

I love the picture and Marc, you are SUCh a good sport to do that!!! Kudos to you.

 
At 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dixie: I'm missing my daily fix...Where are you busy busy mother!! Please write.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home