Monday, August 22, 2005

Pukey Luke

I must have done something really bad in a past life... My kids spit up when they're babies. Now, most kids spit up, but my kids spit up: every time they nurse, I get a little present given back to me.

There is something in my breastmilk that makes them spit up. And that is not good. Of course, there is something in my breastmilk that makes them sleep through the night at 4 weeks of age or earlier. And this is great: I'd rather have some spit up and a kid who sleeps through the night than the opposite... but why you Fates, oh why, must the spit up ALWAYS land
every time on me?

I can have a blanket on my lap and a burp cloth completely under the chin of my child (Luke these days) and somehow he will find that one spot that does not have protection for a split second and decide that that is the place to throw up. And mommy is now covered in warm, wet, curdled regurgitant. (Did I mentioned this happened to me three times already today?!) Marc, on the other hand, can have maybe a kleenex under half of Luke's chin and Luke will spit up onto the kleenex. I've even seen Marc holding Luke facing him on his lap with nothing covering him, up comes the spit up, and Marc somehow comes out unscathed.

I don't know how he does it (Luke or Marc, for that matter), but it's extremely annoying, fascinating, and cute all at the same time. (There Becky, that ought to take the baby bug out of you for a bit!)

1 Comments:

At 3:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You haven't written since Monday....just thought I would let you know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home