Sunday, October 09, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving, from the "perfect" North American family

Well, Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I am anxiously awaiting learning how to cook all of the fixings for Thanksgiving dinner with my mom this afternoon, and hope everyone has a great day. Let's all take a minute to remember how very much we have to be thankful for. Get some perspective on all the blessings you have in your life, and try this week to make someone else's life a little more blessed. Buy someone who's hungry a sandwich. Take some clothes or toys down to your local thrift shop. Send some money to Pakistan or Central America. Don't wait. Do it!

Me, I'm thankful for my family. For a great husband. For a beautiful daughter and a cute little boy who wore his first tie to church this morning! I'm also thankful for my extended family and family-in-law. For their example and love. And for friends to be open with and who help us become the people we want to be. I'm thankful for a house and a bed and for more than enough things to meet daily needs. For a beautiful country and beautiful world with so much diversity -- so many things to see and experience and people to learn from. But this year, I'm especially thankful that I'm being challenged more and more to love others. To do and give what I can to those in need, and especially to teach my children to look outside of themselves. And I'm thankful for God's grace to help me with this loving and giving when I fall short.

5 Comments:

At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for a wife who thinks her husband is "great"!

I believe with a little work I can make it "exemplary" or "awesome"....

Love you!

 
At 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thankful to finally see a picture of Marc where he isn't dressed up like the Queen. That's the only one I've seen of him to date.

Happy Thanksgiving VanderFamily!

 
At 9:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my G... You've put a tie on Marc, shaved his hair, and shrunk him to 1/8th scale! The resemblance there is uncanny.

Great pictures, guys. Happy Thanksgiving. It's nice to be home!

Mel

 
At 11:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen.


and nice tie.

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Mr. C.C. said...

I have always thought that Luke and Marc look alike. Are you people just noticing that now??? Anyways, I had Thanksgiving supper with my mom, my mom's boyfriend, my 2 sister, my niece, and nephew. It was great. To top it all off for dessert there was apple pie with whipped cream. *Does a Homer Simpson drool*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home