Friday, July 29, 2005

Oh the humanity! Part II (aka Monitor - Part II)

Well, a week or two back I posted about leaving the monitor on, as you'll recall. Well, the plot thickens. Actually, the plot not only thickens, it hardens into an enormous brick, unstoppable, and being thrown at my head.

I walk into the house tonight, coming back from the gym, and Marc asks how long it has been since I've been in the backyard. I say, mildly embarrassed (because of the state of the weeds in my garden), that it was last Friday -- one full week. To which Marc tells me that the monitor was on when he went outside tonight. Now we normally bring it in every night or every time we're in for good from the garden -- apparently not last week, however. Although it was tipped over so the speaker was facing the deck, the volume was still quite high. And although the monitor base is in Luke's room, I've heard Madeline's shows that she watches in our bedroom and talking in the hallway and bathroom (as the door to Luke's room is usually open).

Yes, that's right. Basically every noise (day and night -- if you catch my drift) that has occurred within the south wing (not that a 900 square foot house can have "wings") of the Vandersluys household has been boldly broadcast to our neighbourhood for a full seven days!

Hmmm... I thought our back neighbours just didn't recognize us at the park the other day. Maybe they were just avoiding us?!

Needless to say, Marc has decided that we should now have the monitor by the kitchen window instead of actually outside.

3 Comments:

At 8:47 PM, Blogger Linea said...

So, er, how much detail can one hear on those things?

And what are the neighbors going to do for fun tonight?

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger Love Mom said...

uh, so, (giggle), sorry to hear(giggle, giggle) the unfortunate (chuckle, giggle, snort) news. I am very glad to hear (giggle, giggle, giggle) that all is quiet in the (giggle, giggle, chuckle) neighborhood...giggle, giggle, sigh..

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger Dixie Vandersluys said...

I had thought about doing a test... walking around the house, talking, and seeing how much could be heard out there. But, I don't really want to know...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home