Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Playing Doctor and Veneral Diseases

Sorry. I have a whole bunch of posts that are in the works that are taking too long to get together...

So, here are a few random funnies to appease you guys (Raven!! -- it's nice to know I'm missed).

Madeline wanted to "play doctor" today, after seeing some kids do it on a CBC cartoon. So we scoured Walmart and Superstore for a "Dr. Halyk kit" (our family doctor). After having no luck at those places, my mom found one at the Co-op. There was a stethoscope, tongue depressor, glasses, what I'm convinced is something to pee in (but I think it's meant to hold instruments!!) and a needle. I was "disappointed" that there was no instruments for a certain "feminine" procedure, but I did teach her to say "turn and cough" to cover the male end of medicine. (My mom will truly be horrified!!) At first she called the needle a "noodle", but then after a while she was going around insisting that I needed a "nipple". She was really getting quite upset that I didn't want the nipple she was wanting to administer to me!!

And I thought I'd mention the bizarre names that Madeline gives to her dolls: Gopiana, Gonina, and of course, the name she has given any princess-tinkerbell-looking girl since she was about 19 months old: Hunnaria. Say it out loud. I don't think we ever discussed STDs with her at that age, so she must have quite the imagination!!

4 Comments:

At 7:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I told you earlier, that dish that you insist is for peeing in is actually where the placenta or insert organ or tissue here goes. Why won't you believe me?

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Dixie Vandersluys said...

Anyone know if Fisher Price has a line of rubber placentas, livers, etc to go with her doctor kit?

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Love Mom said...

Cherish used to call all her dolls Jecka or anything else she was playing make believe with at the time. Expect I always had to be the one named Jecka and she was Serina or something like that. I wonder what she was trying to say...hmmm?

 
At 8:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That`s hilarious.

I actually snorted;

Everyone around me gave me funny looks though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home