Thursday, August 11, 2005

Aaah... the new image

Tonight I was kicking around on the net and decided to see what (one of) my favourite blonde 60 year old woman has been up to. Ya, that's right. I went to www.marthastewart.com. I didn't go around too much on the site -- just looking for the latest dirt on her. I didn't find much, but I did find out about her new TV show which will begin on September 12th. I clicked on the link about getting tickets for the show, etc. and ran across FAQs of audience members, one of which was the following, answered in true MS fashion:

What should I wear?
Dress your best. Audience members may appear on camera, and/or may be asked to participate in the show. No tank tops, T-shirts, sunglasses, or hats. Hint: Bright colors look best on television.

Heaven forbid someone wear a lowly t-shirt in the back row of a television audience! (Now you know why Oprah's audience members always look like they've had professional hair and make-up done -- because they're told to.)

I also found a promo video for her new show. She has a new image, ladies and gentlemen.
Watch these. Especially "This Fall on TV: Martha's Live" -- I think there's two of them, but the one with the cow (or is it a bull, my computer's too slow for me to be able to tell) always make me laugh. I guess she did need to soften up her image a bit, be a little more human. But this is almost too comical. You know I'm going to have to watch it once... just to see what she's really going to be like.

I will post about Martha Stewart's link to Luke's birth in a later post. For now I'll just keep you all guessing...

(Ya, and now I'll go to bed, mom. I'm just waiting for Marc to finish up book two of Harry Potter.)

2 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Blogger becky said...

You and your obsession with 60-year-old women!

heh.

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Love Mom said...

I couldn't have said it better myself, Becky. I do have to add....especially THIS 60 year old woman

 

Post a Comment

<< Home