Thursday, August 04, 2005

You didn't know I was this neurotic.

It occurred tonight as I was eating our family's current favourite dessert (vanilla ice cream with chocolate chips), that I have certain neurotic tendencies. Okay Marc's sister-in-law calls me obsessive-compulsive... you be the judge. Am I OC (obsessive compulsive) or MD (mildly disturbed)? Leave your two-lettered comments.

1. I noticed tonight because I have to have one chocolate chip with each bite, and try my best to have the same amount of ice cream with each bite.

2. I eat pizza by taking a bite at the end (where normal people eat from) and then a small bite, half-way into the crust. I eat enough of the crust so that when I get to the last "row" of bites before the crust, I turn the piece sideways and have the cheesy part and half of the crust with each remaining bite.

3. Same as #2, except for sandwiches and toast. Except here I eat the sandwiches at exact angles before turning it sideways.

4. Eating cake I take bits of icing from the edge with each inside bite so that (what else?!) I have the same amount of icing and cake with each bite.

5. As a child, I knew exactly how many meatballs and how many raviolis were in Chef Boyardee's Mini Bites. I would have a meatball with each ravioli, except for two bites when I would have 1.5 raviolis each per meatball.

6. I have to have the sheets on our bed exactly parallel and square to the bed. I don't know how I manage to sleep every night with Marc who doesn't care, one turn of his body and the sheets are completely off the bed, and he leaves his bathrobe and clothes from the day at the end of his side of the bed.

That's all I can think of for now. I'm sure Marc will be able to add 7 through 35. So, more may be added later. But, do 1 through 6 make me crazy?

11 Comments:

At 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should be the guest writer for a blog your husband knows all about.

The Anal Hoser

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger Love Mom said...

Uh, Dixie...
What can I say? O.C. or M.D....? I really don't know what I can tell you except that you are my Dixie and O.C or M.D...I love you anyways...

 
At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The first step is admitting you have a problem...

As to your #4, I eat the cake first and leave all the icing till last-cause it's the best! That's the non-OCD way of eating cake.

 
At 11:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my two letter comment is.....ya.
(ha thought we would be stuck with the other 2 letter one didn't ya!)

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Dixie Vandersluys said...

Just as long as there are no four-letter comments... right?!

 
At 1:11 AM, Blogger Linea said...

So you have a few distinguishing quirks - you are unique. I vote for pretty normal.

 
At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OC tendencies, but priamarily CF.

 
At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*prImarily

 
At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Until #6, I thought you were only an E.D. (Eating Disordered). Unless, of course, you're trying to eat in bed, too .....

 
At 12:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, she's your sister-in-law too!

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Dixie Vandersluys said...

Ya. I did it distinguish between Marc's brother's wife and my brother's wife, because I thought I might mention how my brother's wife laughs at how I love Chef-Boy-Ardee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home