Thursday, August 04, 2005

you silly goof

Madeline is going through an I'm scared of everything phase at the moment. She'll be outside for 10 minutes and then will say she needs to come in "because the mosquitos are too bad". The other day she wouldn't go into her friend's paddling pool, and don't get me started about her not taking a bath without her diaper on!!

Her oma and her grandma have both told her that she doesn't need to be afraid because "Jesus is always with her." So, now that's what she says to herself when she's afraid. She's also been talking lately about how someday she's going to Jesus' house (which we've never talked about before). I'll ask her "what are you going to do at Jesus' house?" and she usually says something about eating or painting or talking to Jesus. The other morning when we were all having breakfast I asked her what she was going to do at Jesus' house someday (Marc had never heard her talk about it before). She replied, "Love Him and serve Him." We burst out laughing. Marc said she had just become a Christian and I started getting worried that my 2.5 year old had just reached the age of accountability. I joked that I was going to email Becky and tell her that Madeline had just asked "to accept Jesus into her heart as her personal Lord and Saviour."

Anyway, we were quite proud of her lingo and her little girl love of Jesus. And then a day or two later she came into our room in the morning and told us she had a scary dream about a monster. But she told us that Jesus was in her dream and made her feel better. I said, "what did Jesus say to you?" She replied, "He said, 'God loves you, you silly goof!'."

1 Comments:

At 5:49 AM, Blogger becky said...

Awww. These stories are the best.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home